SARCHA’s presentation at the BUFF Children and Youth Academic Forum conference in Norway (see programme below) was combined with productive meetings. A Huge Thanks to the BUFF committee (Vibeke Beatrice Lovas , Yvonne Larsen, Joanne Lundgren, Thomas Pedersen,Farooq Farooqi, Emina Simic, Stein Nosting) for the perfect organization, excellent hospitality and for organizing SARCHA meetings with X-RAY (Adeel Khan) and SaLTO (Nana Mensah), which offered a glimpse of Oslo’s commitment to working with Youth. Moreover, the meeting with Boerge Njaa (Olso Municipality), opened up exciting prospects for collaboration that will be further explored in the coming months.
"DEMOCRACY, FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND INCLUSION
- YOUTH AND PARTICIPATION "
*BUFF Children and Youth Academic Forum Conference, Norway
MONDAY 28th November 2016
10:15 - 11:45 Anine Kierulf, postdoctoral and research scientist, University of Oslo
"Freedom of expression as a democratic right"
- What is freedom of expression and there are limits to speech?
- What challenges exist for youth expression?
11:45 - 12:00 Break
12.00 - 13.00 Kari Stefansen, Researcher, NOVA
"Violence and abuse against children and youth"
- What tells UngVold surveys?
13.00- 13.15 Break
13.15 - 14.00 Ingrid Aspelund, coordinator, EWC
"Prevention of hate speech and radicalization in a democratic perspective"
14.00 - 15.30 Lunch and check in
15.30 -16.30 Dr Maria Theodorou and Elena Chantzis, SARCHA
"Youth and the City" - The School of Architecture for All political assemblage”
16.30 - 16.45 Break
16.45 - 17.30 Save the Children (The organization “Redd barna”
"Save the Children's Rights Work in Norway»
22.00 DJ Aziz plays in the evening
TUESDAY 29th November 2016
9:00 - 10:00 Thomas Prestø
"The effect of a sustainable identity"
10:00 - 10:15 Pause
10:15 -11:00 Kjell Østby, Larvik Learning
"FLEXID - an awareness-raising courses for young people with cross-cultural upbringing"
11:00 - 11:30 Break. Out check
11:30 - 12:15 Aphakic Afgun, editor and writer, sister-hood
"Venues for progressive and creative voices of women from Muslim backgrounds"
12:15 - 12:30 Break.
12.30 - 13.15 Truls Aarseth and Rami Chumbe, Young Co-determination and Central Youth Council
"How we work with gender equality, democracy and social inclusion?"
- How can the staff in the leisure sector help young people to be heard on these issues?
13.15 - 13.30 Break
13.30 - 14.00 The organization “Fritt ord” ( Free word)
14.00 - 15.00 Lunch and departure
* BUFF Children and Youth Academic Forum, was established in summer 1987. Through the years BUFF has existed, the Committee has arranged over 40 two-day seminars. The forum is aimed at youth workers, outreach workers and others who work with young people in Oslo and Akershus. The forum takes up interdisciplinary topics and will primarily present current knowledge, both experience and research, as well as methodological approaches to the field. BUFF therefore presents lecturers with both academic as practical background, and puts more emphasis on the presentation of theory than on debate.